DISCLAIMER RELATED TO FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
This website contains forward-looking information based on current expectations. Forward-looking information is provided for the purpose of presenting information about management’s current expectations and plans relating to the future and readers are cautioned that such statements may not be appropriate for other purposes. Forward looking information may include, without limitation, statements regarding the operations, business, financial condition, expected financial results, performance, prospects, opportunities, priorities, targets, goals, ongoing objectives, milestones, strategies and outlook of Trait Biosciences Inc. (“Trait”), and includes statements about, among other things, future developments, the future operations, future revenues, acquisition opportunities, strengths and strategy of Trait. These statements should not be read as guarantees of future performance or results. These statements are based upon certain material factors, assumptions and analyses that were applied in drawing a conclusion or making a forecast or projection, including Trait’s experience and perceptions of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors that are believed to be reasonable in the circumstances.
Examples of the assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements contained in this website include, but are not limited to those related to:
- the ability of Trait to successfully implement its scientific research and product development strategy and whether these will yield the expected benefits;
- claims or concerns regarding the safety or efficacy of marketed products or product candidates;
- the ability of Trait to obtain necessary financing in the future to pursue its business plans;
- the ability of Trait to identify and acquire additional companies or assets through ongoing merger and acquisition efforts,
- the achievement of goals, the obtaining of all necessary permits and governmental approvals, as well as expectations regarding availability of equipment, skilled labour and services needed for operations,
- intellectual property rights, development, operating or regulatory risks, trends and developments in the cannabis industry, business strategy and outlook, expansion and growth of business and operations, the timing and amount of capital expenditures;
- future exchange rates;
- the impact of increasing competition;
- conditions in general economic and financial markets;
- access to capital;
- future operating costs;
- government regulations, including future legislative and regulatory developments involving medical and recreational marijuana and the timing related thereto;
- receipt of appropriate and necessary licenses in a timely manner;
- the effects of regulation by governmental agencies;
- the anticipated changes to laws regarding the recreational use of cannabis;
- the demand for cannabis products and corresponding forecasted increase in revenues; and
- the size of the medical marijuana market and the recreational marijuana market.
Although such statements are based on management’s reasonable assumptions at the date such statements are made, there can be no assurance that such forward-looking information will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking information. Accordingly, visitors to the website should not place undue reliance on the forward-looking information. Trait assumes no responsibility to update or revise forward-looking information to reflect new events or circumstances unless required by applicable law.
By its nature, forward-looking information is subject to risks and uncertainties, and there are a variety of material factors, many of which are beyond the control of Trait, and that may cause actual outcomes to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements. These factors include, but are not limited to:
- the success or failure of scientific research and product development programs;
- denial or delayed receipt of all necessary consents and approvals;
- need for additional capital expenditures;
- increased costs and timing of operations;
- unexpected costs associated with environmental liabilities;
- requirements for additional capital;
- reduced future prices of cannabis;
- failure of plant, equipment or processes to operate as anticipated;
- accidents, labour disputes and other risks of the cannabis industry;
- delays in obtaining governmental approvals, permits or financing or in the completion of development or construction activities;
- title disputes;
- intellectual property disputes
- claims limitations on insurance coverage;
- risks related to the integration of acquisitions;
- the ability of Trait to identify and acquire additional companies or assets through ongoing merger and acquisition efforts;
- the results of Trait’s current and future scientific research activities;
- fluctuations in the spot and forward price of certain commodities (such as diesel fuel and electricity);
- changes in national and local government legislation, taxation, controls, regulations and political or economic developments in the countries where Trait may carry on business in the future;
- liabilities inherent in cannabis operations;
- risks relating to medical and recreational cannabis;
- cultivation, extraction and distribution problems;
- competition for, among other things, capital, licenses and skilled personnel; risks relating to the timing of legalization of recreational cannabis;
- changes in laws relating to the cannabis industry; and
- management’s success in anticipating and managing the foregoing factors.
Personal Information is any information about an identifiable individual. Trait recognizes the sensitivity of Personal Information. It should only be collected and retained for legitimate purposes and must be handled with care and respect. In using our website we may collect and use Personal Information about our visitors. In doing so, we are committed to protect your right to have your Personal Information collected and used transparently and responsibly.
Information we collect
We collect information about you when you send us a query through the Contact section of our website. We may collect:
– Your Name
– Contact information including email address
– Any other information you submit in your message to us.
How we use your information
We collect information about you when you use the contact us section of our website in order to contact you to answer your queries. We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.
Sharing of collective information
Trait may share information about its visitors with its contracted service providers so they provide services on our behalf. Trait may also share information about its visitors with its service providers to ensure the quality of information provided and with third-party social networking and media websites such as Facebook.
Personal Information may also be provided to Trait’s professional advisors in connection to its business operations. In any such case, Trait shall ensure that any such parties accessing your Personal Information have appropriate safeguards in place to reasonably ensure the protection of your Personal Information.
Change of Control
We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this policy.
Trait reserves the right to use or disclose information provided by law or if the company believes that use of disclosure is necessary to protect Trait’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
Retention, access, correction, and deletion of data
Trait will not retain any Personal Information, except as may be required by any Federal or Provincial law, or record keeping requirements, for any longer than is necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which the Personal Information was provided. This may involve the retention of your Personal Information for a period exceeding your actual relationship with Trait. Once your Personal Information is no longer required to fulfill the stated purpose or to comply with applicable laws, it will be either destroyed or converted into an anonymous format.
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect. While we use these precautions to safeguard this information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you with certain legal restrictions such as if providing access to the personal information would impede a criminal investigation or result in the disclosure of other protected information.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove the information you think is inaccurate.
You also have the right to erasure (right to be forgotten, and your data deleted). If you believe Trait holds your Personal Information and want to have this deleted from Trait’s databases please contact us.
Canada’s Anti Spam Legislation (“CASL”) is legislation regulating commercial electronic messages, including without limitation newsletters, updates, and offers (a “CEM”). In compliance with CASL, Trait will not send CEMs without the express or implied consent of an Individual. Any individual who wishes to revoke their consent may opt out of receiving future CEMs by following the conspicuous unsubscribe mechanism contained in each CEM in accordance with CASL or by contacting the Privacy Officer as described above.
How to contact us
Any complaints received regarding Trait’s use or handling of Personal Information will be investigated within a reasonable timeframe. Upon concluding the investigation, we will respond to the complaint and, if necessary, take appropriate measure to rectify the situation and maintain compliance with applicable law.