Location: Los Alamos, NM
Compensation: $50K – $60K plus bonus/incentives and benefits
About this opportunity:
Trait Biosciences is an emerging cannabis biotechnology company harnessing the best-in-class research scientists in biotechnology and cannabis R&D to change the face of the industry. Through innovative science and human ingenuity, we are unlocking the true potential of cannabis and hemp – creating naturally pure, water soluble, and pesticide free products for the world.
We are looking for a reliable and self-motivated person with a keen eye for detail, as the ideal candidate will have significant work experience and solid technical knowledge. You should have the manual dexterity and physical stamina necessary for this work. Flexibility to work on weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Horticultural Sciences, Agronomy, Plant Biology, or related natural science required.
- Master’s degree desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Water chemistry management/analysis.
- Experience with data entry and analysis.
- Maintain plant production pipeline for greenhouse and growth chambers (germination, transplanting, watering, fertilizing, properly discarding plant material)
- Monitor plant health and conduct pest management, nutrient and pH remediation, as needed.
- Regularly check water and control systems for the greenhouse and growth chambers, including hydroponics system.
- Help developing and follow standard operating protocols for tracking information on hemp plants from germination to destruction (barcode system).
- Perform necessary cleaning activities, such as sterilizing growth chambers in the event of a contamination problem.
- Promptly inform NMC staff of any equipment malfunction and support the troubleshooting process.
- Provide support to scientists in plant experiments, including agrobacterium infiltration assays and plant transformation experiments