Location: Los Alamos, NM
Compensation: $50K – $60K Base (Overtime eligible) + Bonus/Incentives
About this opportunity:
Trait Biosciences is an emerging cannabis biotechnology company harnessing the best in class research scientists in biotechnology and cannabis R&D to change the face of the industry. Our team of scientists and collaborators are developing cannabis / hemp specific products. These include novel, tailored solutions for cannabis/hemp crop protection, water-soluble and natural cannabinoids produced in planta and in cell suspension cultures, and super producer technology allowing for up to 2x cannabinoids production.
This is an opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team under the supervision of a senior scientist. This role will focus on plant transformation and agricultural biotechnology with a focus on tissue culture. As this group continues to grow, so will your role and scope of the challenges you learn to take on.
Learn more about Trait Biosciences at traitbio.com
What is required in this role:
- Master’s Degree in agricultural biotechnology, biochemistry, plant biology, or related areas
- 3+ years of laboratory research in an academic or corporate biology setting
- Plant Research Expert – Expertise in plant tissue culture, plant genetic transformation, and cell suspension culture. Knowledge in metabolite purification is desired.
- Ability to work independently with tight deadlines and in a multi-disciplinary team supervised by a senior scientist
- Research knowledge of plant transformation / regeneration, tissue culture, wheat cultivars, CRISPR-Cas9, bacterial and yeast cell culture systems, and scale up for secondary metabolite production.
- Laboratory Experience – Previous use of specialized equipment/procedures such as PCR, DNA/RNA Extraction, Media Preparation, Gel Electrophoresis, Tissue Culture, Protein Extraction, Western blots, microscopy, etc
- Communication Impact – strong written and verbal communication skills with project teams
- Collaboration – team player who can work in a high activity, fast-paced environment
- Quality and Procedures – Responsible for understanding experimental procedures of work being performed to assure the accuracy and quality of test results