Location: Los Alamos, NM
Compensation: $120K – $150K + including bonus/incentives and benefits
About this opportunity:
Trait Biosciences is an emerging cannabis biotechnology company harnessing the best-in-class research scientists in biotechnology and cannabis R&D to change the face of the industry. Through innovative science and human ingenuity, we are unlocking the true potential of cannabis and hemp – creating naturally pure, water soluble, and pesticide-free products for the world.
This is an opportunity to join a multidisciplinary, highly dynamic team working on customized cannabinoid profiles from hemp plant extracts. We are looking for someone with extensive experience in phytochemicals or drug design.
Trait Biosciences is located in the scientific hub of Los Alamos, New Mexico and draws upon the synergy of one of the top laboratories in the United States. Neighboring Santa Fé and Taos communities with its diverse cultural, artistic and music scene, together with outdoors activities including skiing, hiking and fishing in the Sangre de Cristo and Jemez ranges, offer a unique living and family friendly environment.
What is required for this role:
- PhD in organic chemistry preferably with postdoctoral experience
- Expertise in synthetic chemistry, phytochemistry or drug design
- 5+ years of experience in photochemistry, synthetic chemistry, or technical chemistry
- Preferable experience with natural product chemistry
- Communication Impact – strong written and verbal communication skills with project teams
- Collaboration – team player who can work in a high activity, fast-paced environment
- Problem Solving – ability to utilize the scientific method for critical thinking
- Quality and Procedures – Responsible for understanding experimental procedures performed to assure the accuracy and quality of results
Self-Starter – Can work independently and able to collaborate with scientists to make appropriate and timely decisions to meet deadlines on experiments and projects