- Location Remote (USA)
- Position type Director of Finance
- Posted May 12, 2023
Director of Finance
Location: USA (Remote)
Salary Range-140 – 160k (Comp scale from RE360) – Start Date July 1
Trait Biosciences Inc. is a global leader in cannabinoid research, focused on developing technologies that enable the production of safe, high-quality, predictable, and efficacious CBD products. We’re making huge advancements with our revolutionary technology enabling the production of truly water-soluble cannabinoids for CBD-infused consumer products. Our mission is to develop the world’s most comprehensive integrated approach to cannabinoid science, insights, and technology.
About the role:
Our innovative and growing company is searching for a full-time, highly motivated Director of Finance that has experience working with start-up investor funded organizations. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Financial Planning & Analysis and developing strategic financial models. This exceptional and highly analytical leader will be responsible for managing the organization’s financial strategy and assisting the President to develop proven financial plans. The Director of Finance will be instrumental in spearheading the business’s aggressive growth strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Works closely with President to produce financial models to project short- and long-term growth, and profitability
● Extensive knowledge of Series A and B Funding to assist President with Investor presentations by preparing business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions
● Counsels President on ways to maximize profits and cash flow; suggests alternatives by analyzing current and previous budgets and expenditures to implement future budgets for all cost centers.
● Oversees and manages the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
● Accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits, and annual budgets making sure they are complete, accurate and compliant with US GAAP.
● Corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all Canadian and U.S. corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
● Proven experience managing staff within the finance and accounting department.
● Confirm with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
● Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company.
● Modeling experience related to commercialization of future product launches included COGS and general pricing models
● Other duties as assigned
You are highly self-motivated and energetic. You thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. You are detail-oriented and work efficiently with a sense of urgency.
In addition, you meet the following requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field; MBA and CPA highly preferred.
● A minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial management, FP&A hands-on experience, modeling expertise– does the experience align with salary and title?
● In-depth knowledge of accounting software, corporate principals, and financial analysis.
● Familiar with how to execute timely reporting, tax filings, and audited financial statement issuance to ensure regulatory compliance and optimization of US, and other jurisdictional tax outcomes, managing external contractual support as needed.
● Superb verbal and written communication skills, coupled with exceptional interpersonal aptitude.
● Ability to lead departments and individuals
● This role will be primarily remote with occasional travel to the Santa Fe, NM HQ as needed