- Research Name Research Scientist: Organic Chemist
- Location Santa Fe, NM
- Position type Full-time
- Posted October 10, 2023
Research Scientist, Fermentation
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Start Date: November 6, 2023
Starting Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Trait Biosciences Inc. is a global leader in cannabinoid research, focused on developing technologies that enable the production of differentiated CBD products. We’re making huge advancements with our revolutionary technology enabling the production of truly water-soluble cannabinoids for CBD-infused consumer products. Our mission is to develop the world’s most comprehensive integrated approach to cannabinoid science, insights, and technology.
About the role:
Our Fermentation team is focused on process development, scale-up and commercialization of microbes identified by the strain engineering team. We are looking for someone with experience in fermentation biotechnology to join our fermentation team. We run bench-scale bioreactors for process development, strain evaluation, and lab-scale production. Our team scales up our process to commercial manufacturing scale in partnership with external contract manufacturing organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup and operate lab-scale bioreactors.
- Design experiments that improve yield and titer.
- Develop and optimize microbial fermentation media suitable for bench-top fermenter.
- Familiarity with the principles of conducting experiments through the application of statistical Design of Experiments (DoE) methodologies.
- Perform quantitative analysis.
- Design and assist in the design, execution, and data analysis of process conditions for fermentation projects.
- As needed, assist in the Scale up process to contract manufacturing plant(s).
- Prepare samples for analysis.
- Collaborate with the downstream processing team towards finished product.
- Data processing and report writing
- Ability to present findings to scientist and management.
- Other duties as needed.
You are a sound scientist/engineer with experience in designing and conducting lab experimentation, highly self-motivated and energetic. You thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. You are detail-oriented and work efficiently with a sense of urgency.
In addition, you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in microbiology, biochemical engineering, biotechnology, fermentation engineering, or a related fieldwith minimum 4 years of industry fermentation process experience OR
- Masters Degree in microbiology, biochemical engineering, biotechnology, fermentation engineering, or a related fieldwith minimum 2 years of industry fermentation process experience
- Proven track record of optimizing and enhancing fermentation processes.
- Experience with setup and operation of bioreactors and quantitative analysis of fermentation data
- Capacity to innovate technical solutions and problem-solving ability.
- Capable of handling loads weighing 30-40 pounds.
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity and meet the specified qualifications, please submit your resume detailing your relevant experience and your vision for contributing to Trait Biosciences’ growth as a Research Scientist in our Fermentation Department.
*Trait Biosciences Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.*